Edge Connectivity and Networking Products Limited Lifetime Warranty
Effective for Edge Connectivity and Networking products of Advantech B+B SmartWorx shipped on or after May 1, 2013, Advantech B+B SmartWorx warrants that each such product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for its lifetime. This limited lifetime warranty is applicable solely to the original user and is not transferable. Power supplies are exempt from the limited lifetime warranty and are covered by a six year warranty.
Edge Connectivity and Networking products include: Serial Converters, Isolators, Surge Protectors. USB Hubs, Isolators, Converters, Vlinx Serial Device Servers, Zlinx RF modems and I/O, Ethernet Switches, Fiber Media Converters
Edge Intelligence and Custom Products Three Year Limited Warranty
Effective for Edge Intelligence products of Advantech B+B SmartWorx shipped on or after January 1, 2017, B+B SmartWorx warrants that each such product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for three years from time of sale. This warranty is applicable solely to the original user and is not transferable.
Edge Intelligence Products include: Swarm Gateways, Wzzard Wireless Sensing Nodes, Telematics adapters for light and heavy duty vehicles, Embedded WiFi modules. Custom products are those developed or packaged to specific customer requirements.
Cellular Router Product Families SmartFlex, SmartStart and SmartMotion
Advantech B+B SmartWorx warrants that each such product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for three years from time of sale. This warranty is applicable solely to the original user and is not transferable.
“V2” Cellular Router product families LR77, XR5i, UR5i, ER75i
Advantech B+B SmartWorx warrants that each such product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for two years from time of sale. This warranty is applicable solely to the original user and is not transferable.
Products of other manufacturers sold by Advantech B+B SmartWorx are not subject to any warranty or indemnity offered by B+B SmartWorx, but may be subject to the warranties of the other manufacturers.
Pursuant to the warranty, within the warranty period, Advantech B+B SmartWorx, at its option will:
1. Replace the product with a functional equivalent;
2. Repair the product; or
3. For products covered by limited lifetime warranty, provide a partial refund of purchase price based on a depreciated value.
These warranties are expressly conditioned upon proper storage, installation, connection, operation and maintenance of products in accordance with their written specifications.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, under no circumstances shall Advantech B+B SmartWorx have any warranty obligations or any other liability for: (i) any defects resulting from wear and tear, accident, improper use by the buyer or use by any third party except in accordance with the written instructions or advice of the Advantech B+B SmartWorx or the manufacturer of the products, including without limitation surge and overvoltage conditions that exceed specified ratings, (ii) any products which have been adjusted, modified or repaired by any party other than Advantech B+B SmartWorx or (iii) any descriptions, illustrations, figures as to performance, drawings and particulars of weights and dimensions contained in the Advantech B+B SmartWorx's catalogs, price lists, marketing materials or elsewhere since they are merely intended to represent a general idea of the products and do not form part of this price quote and do not constitute a warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, as to any of the B+B SmartWorx's products.
THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE DEFECTIVE ITEMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE IS ADVANTECH B+B SMARTWORX'S SOLE OBLIGATION UNDER THIS WARRANTY. THE WARRANTY CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION SHALL EXTEND TO THE ORIGINAL USER ONLY, IS IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES AND INDEMNITIES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (I) THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND OF MERCHANTABILITY AND (II) ANY WARRANTY THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE DO NOT INFRINGE OR VIOLATE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL B+B SMARTWORX BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF USE OR OF DATA INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS OR GOODWILL OR OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ADVANTECH B+B SMARTWORX SHALL DISREGARD AND NOT BE BOUND BY ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR INDEMNITIES MADE BY ANY OTHER PERSON, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION EMPLOYEES, DISTRIBUTORS, RESELLERS OR DEALERS OF B+B SMARTWORX' WHICH ARE INCONSISTENT WITH THE WARRANTY, SET FORTH ABOVE.
All returns from customers must be authorized with Advantech B+B Smartworx RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. Any returns of defective units or parts without a valid RMA numbers will not be accepted; they will be returned to the customer at the customer's cost without prior notice
An RMA number is only an authorization for returning a product; it is not an approval for repair or replacement. When requesting an RMA number, please access:
You must fill out basic product and customer information and describe the problems encountered in detail in "Problem Description". Vague entries such as "does not work" and "failure" are not acceptable.
If you are uncertain about the cause of the problem, please contact Advantech B+B Smartworx’s Tech Support. They may be able to find a solution that does not require sending the product for repair.
The serial number of the complete product is required if only a defective part is returned for repair. Otherwise, the case will be regarded as out-of-warranty.
Returning the Product for Repair
If you send accessories or additional parts back (because you believe they may be part of the problem), please note clearly that they are included. B+B Smartworx is not responsible for any items not listed. Ensure the "Problem Description" is enclosed.
For cases involving international shipments, Advantech B+B Smartworx strongly recommends adding a packing list to all shipments. Please prepare a shipment invoice according to the following guidelines to decrease goods clearance time:
1. Avoid excessive values for the product on the invoice, or additional charges may be levied by customs that will be borne by the sender.
2. Add information "Invoice for customs purposes only with no commercial value" on the shipment invoice.
3. Show RMA numbers, product serial numbers and warranty status on the shipment invoice.
4. Add information about Country of Origin of goods.
In addition, please attach an invoice with RMA number to the carton, then write the RMA number on the outside of the carton and attach the packing slip to save handling time. Please also address the parts directly to the RMA Service Department and mark the package "Attn. RMA Service Department".
All products must be returned in properly packed ESD material or anti-static bags. B+B Smartworx reserves the right to return unrepaired items at the customer's cost if inappropriately packed.
For DOA cases, Advantech B+B Smartworx will take full responsibility for the product and transportation charges. If the items are not truly DOA, but fail within warranty, the sender will bear the freight charges. The sender will bear freight charges for DOA cases that are later determined to be No Problem Found (NPF). Therefore, customers are strongly advised to contact Advantech B+B Smartworx Tech Support before returning DOA units. For out-of-warranty cases, customers must cover the cost and take care of both outward and inward transportation.
The product is excluded from warranty if:
- The product is repaired after expiry of the warranty period.
- The product is tested or calibrated after expiry of the warranty period, and a No Problem Found (NPF) result is obtained.
- The product, though repaired within the warranty period, has been misused, abused, or subjected to unauthorized disassembly/modification; placed in an unsuitable physical or operating environment; improperly maintained by the customer; or failure caused which Advantech B+B Smartworx is not responsible whether by accident or other cause. Such conditions will be determined by Advantech B+B Smartworx at its sole unfettered discretion.
- The product is damaged due to a natural disaster such as a lighting strike, flood, earthquake, etc.
If a product has been repaired by Advantech B+B Smartworx, and within three months after such a repair the product requires another repair for the same problem, Advantech B+B Smartworx will do this repair free of charge. However, such free repairs do not apply to products which have been misused, abused, or subjected to unauthorized disassembly/modification; placed in an unsuitable physical or operating environment; improperly maintained by the customer; or failure caused which Advantech B+B Smartworx is not responsible whether by accident or other cause.
Before starting out-of-warranty repairs, Advantech B+B Smartworx will send a pro forma invoice (P/I) with the repair charges. When you remit the funds, please reference the P/I number listed under "Our Ref". Advantech B+B Smartworx reserves the right to deny repair services to customers that do not return or sign the P/I.
Advantech B+B Smartworx returns each product with a "Repair Report" which shows the result of the repair.
A more detailed "Repair Analysis Report" may be available to customers upon request if the defect is caused by Advantech B+B Smartworx design or manufacturing.
Custody of Products Submitted for Repair
B+B Smartworx will retain custody of a product submitted for repair for three months while it is waiting for return of a signed P/I or payment (A/R). If the customer fails to respond within such period, Advantech B+B Smartworx will close the RMA and return the product at the customer’s expense. Advantech B+B Smartworx will take reasonable measures to stay in proper contact with the customer during this three month period.
Shipping Back to Customer
The forwarding company for RMA returns from Advantech B+B Smartworx to customers is selected by Advantech B+B Smartworx. Per customer requirement, other express services can be adopted, such as UPS, FedEx and etc. The customer must bear the extra costs of such alternative shipment. If you require any special arrangements, please indicate this when shipping the product to Advantech B+B Smartworx.
The following Return Policy below applies to B+B Smartworx general purchase customers. If you have a question about the Return Policy that applies to you, please contact your Advantech B+B Smartworx Sales Representative.
In all cases an RMA number must be obtained from our staff prior to returning any products. Any RMA Returned without an RMA number will be rejected by our receiving department. All RMA numbers are valid for 60-days from the date of issuance.
1. All returns to B+B Smartworx for credit must be authorized in advance with a Advantech B+B Smartworx return material authorization (RMA) number. To receive an RMA number, the customer should complete and submit the Credit RMA form from the Advantech B+B Smartworx website:http://erma.advantech.com.tw/Pro/CustomerForm/creditform/Index/abb
2. Material returned to Advantech B+B Smartworx for credit shall be subject to a restocking fee based on the following schedule:
- Within 30 days from the invoice date:
- •0% for standard products
- More than 30 days from the invoice date:
- •Allowed only with special approval by B+B Smartworx
- •Subject to restocking fee not to exceed 20%
3. Returns are only acceptable in NEW condition. Advantech B+B SmartWorx will not accept returns of products that were modified by a customer. The products must be in their original packaging, including anti-static bags, etc. Advantech B+B SmartWorx reserves the right to assess additional restocking fees to cover damages or missing items discovered upon return and inspection by the Advantech B+B SmartWorx RMA Dept.
4. Customers are responsible for all freight charges to return material to Advantech B+B SmartWorx.
5. In no case will outbound freight charges billed on the original invoice be credited to the customer when material is returned.
6. All custom orders are non-returnable and non-cancelable.
7. Once an RMA is issued for return of material, it is valid for 60 days. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the material is returned within this time frame.
8. Material returned to Advantech B+B Smartworx that is not shown on the initial Credit RMA request will be returned to the customer at their expense. Any RMA returned without an RMA number will be rejected by our receiving department.
9. All software items may only be returned if unopened.
10. Assembly, test and burn-in, freight and other service charges are NOT refundable.
11. Advantech B+B Smartworx reserves the right to revise any part of the above without notice.